Education First is a national education policy and strategy firm that specializes in helping policymakers, advocates and funders develop broad-based improvement and reform strategies to inspire and engage all students to graduate from high school and postsecondary studies prepared for a competitive world of constant change and innovation. Based in Seattle but with consultants around the country, Education First has deep expertise in four practice areas: college and career readiness; teacher and leader effectiveness; STEM strategies; and postsecondary completion. We support and partner with our clients all over the country to accomplish strategic planning, policy and program development, communications and advocacy, and effective grantmaking to reach important outcomes for students. Our mission is to help all students acquire skills and knowledge to succeed in college and careers, and our firm’s consultants have strong and successful track records in education policy, politics, research, communications and philanthropy. We aim to be the most trusted and effective education policy consulting firm in the nation.
Executive Assistants provide intensive, virtual support to 3-6 firm leaders who all work from virtual offices around the country. The Executive Assistant serves as a true partner to the individuals he/she supports, allowing these senior team members to focus fully on client engagement. Occasionally, Executive Assistants flex and help other team members with administrative tasks as needed and provide some general operations support for the organization itself.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, including scheduling project-specific meetings over email and telephone and populating internal calendar with appropriate information.
- Prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Support financial functions, including budget tracking, expense reconciliation and reimbursement as well as basic data analysis and reporting.
- Make complex travel arrangements and assist with logistics for executives and seniors leaders.
- Coordinate logistics (conference space, hotel rooms, catering) for meetings and convenings.
- Assist with drafts and revisions to PowerPoint, Word, and Excel documents to ensure they are “client-ready.”
- Trouble-shoot basic technology issues and access external IT support when employees have major technology needs.
- Occasionally research and prepare background information in advance of meetings.
- Transcribe meeting notes as assigned.
- Assist with maintenance of file sharing platform and firm’s public website.
- Participate in other activities as needed to support firm operations.
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- At least five years’ experience supporting executive and senior-level leaders
- Proactively manage high-volume calendars and coordinate complex executive meetings.
- Highly organized and a detail-oriented self-starter committed to quality and results.
- Comfort working on multiple assignments simultaneously, and demonstrated commitment to timely completion of projects.
- Expert in identifying and acting upon the critical few tasks when faced with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements and compiling expense reporting.
- Excellent computer and internet research skills.
- Ability to take initiative, anticipate needs of internal clients, multi-task effectively and work well under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office—with an emphasis on expertise in PowerPoint and Excel–and comfortable learning new programs as necessary.
- Problem solver with an ability to make systems more efficient and user friendly.
- Flexible, resourceful and good humored in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Team player with ability and desire to work independently with minimal supervision in a virtual office environment.
- Ability to interact with various personalities and management styles.
- Prior virtual employment experience is a plus
Location & Compensation
This position is ideally based in the Eastern or Central time zones. The Executive Assistant will primarily work virtually but should be able to travel within the area to support local executives as needed. Education First offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For greater detail about the company, please visit our web site at www.education-first.com.
Enthusiastic candidates should email a resume and detailed cover letter describing how your qualifications and interests match Education First’s needs, as well as salary requirements, to email@example.com (include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line). Please, no phone calls or other inquiries.
Education First is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all races, national origin, age, religion, creed, veteran or disabled status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.