Meg Ramey is an analyst on the Effective Organizations and Investments team at Education First where she supports organizations in making strategic decisions based on research, policy and practice. In this role she has worked with state, district, nonprofit and philanthropic leaders to design transformative, systems-level change through focusing on key areas such as literacy, 21st century skills/deeper learning, performance assessment and higher education admissions.
Meg believes that equity in education is essential to the health of our communities and democracy. Over the course of her career Meg has taught in classrooms and managed education programs in schools, districts and nonprofits across the country to increase access and opportunity for underserved students and families.
Meg holds her BA in English from Bates College and her MA in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies from Stanford University. Outside of work, Meg runs two local volunteer organizations, plays in a band, and loves to read and travel!
- Research, Program Analysis & Program Strategy
- College & Career Ready Expectations
- Quality School Options & Governance
- Educator & Stakeholder Engagement
- Strategy Development and Implementation Support
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- Everything is Illuminated – Jonathan Safran Foer
- East of Eden – John Steinbeck
Performing with my band in San Francisco
Backpacking in Colorado