Meg Ramey is an analyst on the Effective Organizations and Investments team at Education First where she supports organizations in making strategic decisions informed by research, policy and practice. In this role she has worked with state, district, nonprofit and philanthropic leaders to design transformative, systems-level change in key areas including literacy, deeper learning and performance assessment, postsecondary access, diverse leadership and coherence.
Meg believes that equity in education is essential to the health of our communities and democracy. Over the course of her career Meg has taught in classrooms and managed education programs across the country to increase access and opportunity for underserved students and families.
Meg holds her MA in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies from Stanford University and her BA in English from Bates College. Outside of work, Meg runs two San Francisco-based volunteer organizations, plays in a band and loves to read and travel.
- Research, Program Analysis & Program Strategy
- College & Career Ready Expectations
- Quality School Options & Governance
- Educator & Stakeholder Engagement
- Strategy Development and Implementation Support
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- Everything is Illuminated – Jonathan Safran Foer
- East of Eden – John Steinbeck
Playing music in San Francisco
Backpacking in Colorado