Sydney Ganon is a senior analyst on the Effective Organizations & Investments team. She supports government agencies, nonprofits and foundations in making strategic decisions informed by policy, practice and research. Her recent projects have included: COVID-19 response in public education; collective impact efforts and the impact of place on education investments; and strategic planning for networks and foundations.
Sydney believes that all children should have an equitable education that addresses their full needs and allows them to thrive in life. This belief has driven her career and experiences, which include working at the Los Angeles Unified School District and KIPP NYC, as well as several education-related nonprofits.
Sydney earned her BA in Anthropology and English at the University of Vermont and her MPP from the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs. She lives in Los Angeles and enjoys reading copious amounts of science fiction, innovating with refrigerator leftovers and exploring southern California.
- Research, Program Analysis & Program Strategy
- Communities of Practice
- Strategy Development & Implementation Support
- Policy Analysis & Development
- Getting Stuff Done
- Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE)
- Greater Los Angeles Education Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- National Public Education Support Fund
Top 3 Places Traveled
- Arenal, Costa Rica
- Zion National Park, United States
- Kyoto, Japan
National Parks (photo: sunrise in Joshua Tree National Park)
Dinner parties with friends